Dr. Mehrdad Safavian is pleased to offer dental veneers and crowns in Columbus, Ohio, to renew patients’ smiles. Dental veneers provide a quick and incredible cosmetic dental enhancement, while crowns can improve the strength and appearance of your teeth. Our dentist will gladly educate you on each service, so you can choose the treatment that works best for you.
At Capitol Square Dental, we offer dental veneers made of porcelain. These wafer-thin shells are bonded to the front of your teeth to transform your smile. Porcelain is an especially ideal option because the color and translucence of this material matches the natural appearance of tooth enamel. Porcelain is also stain resistant, so your smile will maintain its radiant appearance for longer.
Our dentist may recommend veneers to patients looking to:
- Close large gaps between teeth
- Whiten stained teeth that do not respond to bleaching
- Fix the appearance of misshapen teeth
- Repair slightly crooked teeth
- Fix teeth that are worn, broken, chipped, or cracked
With a dental crown, also known as a cap, our dentist can protect a severely decayed or damaged tooth all while also improving its appearance. A crown is custom created to fit over the entire tooth, starting at the gum line, in order to bring it back to a healthy shape and size. We offer dental crowns in three different material options. These include full porcelain (ideal for use on the front teeth), porcelain-fused-to-metal crown, and all-metal (ideal for use on the back teeth). Dr. Mehrdad Safavian will help you determine which material option works best for your unique smile.
Crowns can be used for numerous restorative and aesthetic purposes, including:
- To protect a tooth following root canal therapy
- To anchor and attach a dental bridge
- To cover and complete a dental implant
- To enhance the aesthetics of your smile
- To improve a misshapen tooth
- To strengthen a tooth that is damaged or weakened
- To support a large filling when little natural tooth structure remains
To find out more about receiving dental veneers or crowns, please contact Capitol Square Dental at 614-763-6460 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Mehrdad Safavian.